Gutters are more than just decorative—they serve an important function by collecting rainwater and channeling it down and away from a structure, preventing structural damage to the roof, walls, windows, siding, foundation, doors, basements, and landscaping. Downspouts also allow water to flow freely away from the home.
Cleaning gutters should be a routine part of house maintenance. While some homeowners can clear gutters themselves, professional gutter cleaning services have the correct tools and knowledge to thoroughly clean gutters to prevent future problems.
Failing to maintain gutters and downspouts by ensuring they are free from clutter and debris could turn into one of the most costly maintenance mistakes of home ownership.
Unattended Gutters Can Cause Costly Damage
Unattended gutters can cause all sorts of problems to develop over time, affecting areas spanning from the roof to the basement.
- Roof: Sagging gutters can weigh down a roofline, causing the roof to sag.
- Vegetation: Seeds can easily take root in debris, even causing small trees to grow directly in the gutter.
- Pests: Dark, damp places are a haven for mosquitoes, termites, squirrels, snakes, birds, and rodents that can make their home in your gutter.
- Decks: Gutter issues can cause water to pool, leading to rot, mildew, and board damage.
- Structural Decay: Foundation can sag and crack due water damage, leading to flooding, mold, mildew, rot, and nasty bacteria.
- Landscaping: Pooled, stagnant water can attract mosquitoes and other pests and ruin vegetation.
- Property value: Homes can lose property value due to unsightly gutters.
You should clean gutters twice a year at minimum, in early spring and late fall or more if your property contains several trees. AAA Window Solutions in Charlotte, North Carolina, offers maintenance discounts with a locked-in price lasting 12-36 months. They will bag gutter debris or place it in a natural area to ensure your gutters are unclogged and functional.
Call AAA Window Solutions in Charlotte, NC, at (704) 544-8970 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free estimate. We look forward to working with you.